Friday, February 27, 2009

A picture is worth 1000 words...

too bad I don't have any pictures!

I do actually HAVE pictures, I just can't get to them right now on the laptop. It's a scorching 92 degrees today and the boys couldn't wait to get in the pool so I'm out here without picture access. Matt has the camera so I can't even record our first swim of the season!

Anyway, a quick update about what's going on. Our sheetrock (dry wall, whatever you want to call it) is done and our walls are textured. The rock guys were supposed to start this week, but as of this morning there was still not a rock on the house! Oh well...I guess that's the way it goes sometimes. Our garage door is on order (we thought we had a 7' door, but we actually have an 8' door, so we had to order it since they don't stock those. We got a pretty sweet deal on it. This week we also bought a vent hood from an appliance store here that was changing out it's floor models. We picked up a nice liner for $89 with a blower that will "suck the hair off your head" according to the sales guy...we'd been pricing vent hoods at about $400 so we feel like we got a great deal.

I guess the great part is that we are almost done with the messy part on the outside of the house...we will still have some trash, I'm sure, but with the stucco, roof, insulation and sheetrock complete, the trash pick up on the outside should decrease some.

Next week, we have painters coming to prime and do a first coat of paint. We will also have some tile prep work happening and of course the rock...the flat work is next so we can actually have a driveway. We're getting a bid for that tomorrow and another one next week.

I'm sure you are anxious to see more pictures, so keep watching for pictures of the dry wall, rock samples, and a video of the dry wall guys walking on stilts!

No comments: